The 8th IEEE International Conference on Technology for Education (T4E 2016)
The 8th IEEE International Conference on Technology for Education (T4E 2016)
December 2-4, 2016
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
T4E 2016 Call for Papers
T4E (Technology for Education) is an annual IEEE international conference on advanced learning technologies and pedagogy for technology-enhanced learning. T4E 2016, will be held at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India from December 2-4, 2016. This is the eighth in a series of annual events with earlier T4E conferences held in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kharagpur, Kollam and Warangal in the years 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 respectively.
T4E 2016 will provide a forum to bring together colleagues interested in promoting learning and teaching through the use of technology, and sharing the latest research results in this emerging interdisciplinary area. We invite papers from students, teachers and researchers in academia and industry to present the results of their R&D efforts in education through the use of technology.
T4E 2016 will be co-located with the 24th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE 2016) organized by the Asia-Pacific Society of Computers in Education, which will be held from Nov. 30 – Dec 2, 2016 at IIT Bombay. There will be an overlap of one day (Dec 2) between the two conferences.
Areas of Focus
The areas of focus are categorized into the following themes in the domain intersecting technology and education.
Theme 1: Pedagogical Strategies and Interventions for Technology-Enhanced Learning
- Adaptive and personalized approaches for improvement of education
- Assessment and evaluation models for technology-enhanced learning
- Case studies of blending e-content into classrooms and labs
- Role of cognition in technology-enhanced learning
- Curriculum design for technology-enhanced learning
- Impact of social networks on learning
- Innovative use of ICT for content development and classroom use
- Pan-domain thinking skills
- Pedagogical design of technology enhanced learning environments
- Pedagogies for remote learning, e-learning, and blended learning
Theme 2: Technologies to Improve Access to Education
- Bridging urban-rural gap in education
- e-learning in vernacular languages
- Growth and impact of the Open Educational Resources movement
- Massively open online learning
- Socioeconomic factors affecting the impact of technology in education
Theme 3: Development of Technologies to Support Education
- Game-based learning/serious games
- Hand held device-based learning
- Infrastructure for large scale deployment of e-learning
- Learning analytics (tool development)
- Semantic web technologies in education
- Smart learning environments
- Techniques and standards for learning resources
- Technology-based learning environments
- Virtual and augmented reality
Papers may be submitted in the following formats: Research Studies, Experience Reports, Industry Research track, and PhD Symposium track. Accepted papers in any of these formats will appear in the conference proceedings. Papers submitted in any of these formats must report original academic or industrial research.
Research Studies should contain:
- A clear theoretical basis, building on existing literature in the relevant topics
- A carefully designed empirical study with an appropriate use of research methods to support the investigation and stated results. The research design does not need to be quantitative; it does, however, need to be appropriate to support the claims made.
- An explication of the paper’s impact on, and contribution to, existing knowledge about technology enhanced learning
- Research studies may be submitted as full-length papers (6-8 pages) or short papers (3-4 pages).
- Full-length papers may contain detailed description of the background research, details of methodology used, findings of the study, interpretation of the findings, and resulting recommendations for other researchers/practitioners
- Short papers may focus on small-scale research studies that may be extensions of author’s previously validated research.
Experience reports describe research-based implementations of technology for education that worked well and is now recommended to others. Experience reports should contain sound evaluation of the research using appropriate methodology. These can be submitted as:
- Full-length Experience Reports (6-8 pages), which contain detailed descriptions of research behind the design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Short Experience Reports (3-4 pages), which contain brief reports of technologies developed, techniques used and results of research.
Industry Research track
T4E2016 invites industry papers that describe original industry research experiences, case studies, challenges, applications, as well as systems. Industry research paper submissions are limited to 3-4 pages in length. Papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings. Please note that papers marketing, advertising or showcasing company products will be rejected.
PhD Symposium track
The PhD symposium aims to provide an opportunity for selected PhD students to present and discuss their work, and receive feedback on their current research approach and future directions. PhD students are invited to submit a 4-page paper based on their research work. Papers submitted in this track must relate to the themes of the conference. Papers will be reviewed by experts in the field. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings. Authors of accepted papers will be able to present their work in the PhD symposium within the conference.
Full papers need to be submitted for review. Abstracts alone will not be sufficient. Each paper will undergo double-blind peer-review by members of the Program Committee.
There will be two independent rounds of paper submission for Research Papers and Experience Reports. Authors are welcome to submit their papers in either round. This year’s conference includes an early submission opportunity (Round 1) to enable graduating students to be able to submit a paper and receive notification before they finish their degree program. (However, anyone is welcome to submit in the early submission round). The review process and criteria for acceptance in the two rounds will be identical.
Authors intending to submit Industry Track papers, PhD Symposium papers, and Workshop Proposals may do so by the submission deadline for Round 2.
Please use the IEEE Conference Templates for your manuscript. The review process is double-blind, so papers submitted for review should NOT contain author names or affiliations.
Please submit your manuscript using the EasyChair Conference System.
Round 1 submissions (For Research Papers and Experience Reports Only)
|Submission deadline Round 1||March 26, 2016|
|Review results notification||April 16, 2016|
Round 2 submissions (For Research Papers, Experience Reports, Industry Track Papers, PhD Symposium Papers and Workshop Proposals)
|Submission deadline Round 2||July 17, 2016|
|Submission of Full Paper (only for authors who submitted a Draft Paper by July 17)||July 24, 2016|
|Review results notification||August 31, 2016|
For all papers
|Authors’ registration deadline||September 15, 2016|
|Final camera-Ready Manuscript and IEEE Copyright Form submission||Septemebr 15, 2016|
Workshops should provide an introduction to a topic of immediate interest and usefulness to the community. The exact workshop duration will be decided later, but they should be designed to range for 1½ – 2 hours. Significant time in the workshop should be devoted to hands-on activities by the attendees. Such hands-on activities may include think-pair-share, group discussions, collaborative editing and programming. Workshop proposers should use the template provided to submit their proposals. Workshop proposals will be evaluated based on relevance, anticipated interest, quality, and subject to the availability of appropriate facilities. Abstracts of accepted workshops will appear in the conference program book. [T4E 2016 Workshop Proposal Template]