Call for Papers－Symposium on Selected Areas in Communications: Social Networks Track
28 May – 01 June 2023
- Dr. De-Nian Yang, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, Email: email@example.com
Scope and Motivation
Recently, social network research has advanced rapidly with the prevalence of online social applications and mobile social communications systems. Metaverse has emerged as one of the future Internet for business, socialization, entertainment, and education in fully connected, immersive, and engaging online 3D virtual experiences. Nevertheless, the ongoing pandemic via contact social networks has caused tremendous human life and economic loss around the world, and infodemic is one of the major social impacts that make people difficult to discriminate trustworthy sources, from false and manipulative information sources. Therefore, researchers are increasingly interested in addressing a wide spectrum of challenges in social networks, such as developing social-aware algorithms for communications systems, identifying the topological common structures and information/influence flows, analyzing the social media and evolutions of social graphs, and exploiting location-based and contextual information embedded in mobile social networks to create innovative applications. Due to its increasing prevalence and interdisciplinary nature, social networks have also attracted intensive research interests across multiple disciplines, including artificial intelligence, blockchain, big data analytics, information security and privacy protection, psychology, and marketing. In light of the above crucial needs, Selected Areas in Communication Symposium in Social Networks will serve as a forum for researchers and technologists from academia, industry, and government to discuss the state-ofthe-art, present their cutting-edge innovations and contributions, and set future directions in all aspects of social networks.
Topics of Interest
The symposium seeks original contributions in the following topical areas, plus others that are not explicitly listed but are closely related.
- Artificial Intelligence for social networks and applications
- Social network analysis on epidemic diagnosis and asymptomatic infector tracking for COVID-19 and
- Convergence and interplay between Metaverse and the underlying communication networks
- Infrastructure, platform, protocol design, and optimization for mobile social networks, social vehicular networks, mobile social clouds, social Internet-of-Things, and new paradigm of future social-aware communication networks
- Social network graph modeling, analysis, measurements, and experiments using big data for a better understanding of social network influence, reputation, recommendation, and community structure
- Data mining, machine learning, information retrieval, signal processing, and artificial intelligence in
social media and social contexts
- Trusted networking, privacy and security, user behaviors and dynamics, and digital right management for big data from social networks
- Innovative social networks applications and services to mobile Internet, multimedia networks, mobile
commerce, cyber-physical systems, and their potential social, economic, and cultural impacts
- Multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research on social networks
- Paper Submission: 11 October 2022
- Notification: 18 January 2023
- Camera Ready and Registration: 15 February 2023
The authors of selected papers from this track will be invited to submit an extended version of their work for fast-track review and possible publication in the IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society.
How to Submit a Paper
All papers for technical symposium should be submitted via EDAS. Full instructions on how to submit papers are provided on the IEEE ICC 2023 website: https://icc2023.ieee-icc.org/