The 56th IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2020)
Selected Areas in Communication Symposium Social Networks Track
7-11 June 2020
Neeli Prasad, ITU San Jose, USA
Scope and Topics of Interest
Social networks, which target the development of social relations among people with common interest through web-based services, have contributed a large portion of Internet traffic nowadays and become dominant forms of social interaction on the Internet. This recent development brings significant research interests on the interplay between mobile communications networks, mobile computing and social networks. Due to its increasing prevalence and interdisciplinary nature, social networks have also attracted research attentions to a number of related technical areas, including cloud computing, big data analytics, data mining, information security and privacy protection. This track aims to provide a forum that brings together scientists and researchers from academia, industry, and government to present their cutting-edge innovations in all aspects of the field. Papers on practical applications and R&D results from industry and academic/industrial collaborations are encouraged.
Original research articles are solicited in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Convergence and interplay between social networks and the underlying communications platforms, including characterization of social interactions in mobile communication networks and analysis of social network from communication theory perspective
- Influence of social networks on communications networks design and operation as well as subsequent development of new paradigms of future communications networks
- Knowledge discovery with big mobile data analytics and information dissemination and propagation in social networks
- New applications of large social network analysis and relational structure of social networks to design advanced wireless communication networks, and interplay with network science areas such as physics and biology
- Numerical and analytical techniques as a foundation to enable social networks of massive networked (big) data (e.g., belief and message propagation, computational intelligence and machine learning, game and economic analysis, graph theoretical analysis etc.)
- Social network modelling, analysis, measurements, and experiments using big data and data mining for better understanding of social network influence, reputation, recommendation, community structure, and advertisement etc.
- Social networks applications and services to mobile Internet, multimedia networks, mobile-commerce, cyber-physical systems, and their potential social, economic, and cultural impacts
System architecture, protocols, middleware and software engineering, terminal technology, user experience and interface technology, deployment and operations, and standards for social networks
- Trusted networking, privacy and security, user behaviors and dynamics, and digital right management for big data from social networks
The IEEE ICC 2020 website (icc2020.ieee-icc.org) provides full instructions on manuscript format and how to submit a manuscript. You will select the desired symposium/track when submitting your manuscript.
- Paper Submission Deadline: 28 October 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: 27 January 2020
- Camera Ready Submissions: 24 February 2020