The 55th IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2019)
Selected Areas in Communications Symposium Social Networking Track
May 20-24, 2019
Scope and Topics of Interest
Social networks have become prevalent forms of communication and interaction on the Internet and contributed an increasingly part of the network traffic. As a result, social networks have attracted significant research interests in a large number of related areas. Social networks have traditionally been studied outside of the technological domains, but the research focus is now changing towards networking challenges such as cloud, privacy, data analytics, etc., while still keeping the social perspective such as focusing on improving quality-of-life. The interplay between social networks and technological networks such as mobile networks and mobile computing is becoming still strong and many areas are still to be exploited.
This Social Networking Track covers all aspects on their ideas, theories, visions, and experiences in social networking relevant sciences, technologies, and applications in communications areas. This track aims to provide a forum that brings together scientists and researchers from academia, industry, and government to present their cutting-edge innovations in all aspects of the field. Papers on practical applications and R&D results from industry and academic/industrial collaborations are particularly encouraged.
To ensure complete coverage of the advances in this field, the Social Networking Track of the SAC Symposium solicits original contributions in, but not limited to, the following topical areas:
- Influence, reputation, recommendation, community structure, advertisement, etc., based on social network modeling and analysis, measurements, and experiments, for big data from large social networks
- Analytical techniques as a foundation to enable social networks of massive networked (big) data (e.g., belief and message propagation, computational intelligence and machine learning, game and economic analysis, graph theoretical analysis)
- Trusted networking, privacy and security, user behaviors and dynamics, and digital right management, for big data from social networks
- System architecture, protocols, middleware and software engineering, terminal technology, user experience and interface technology, deployment and operations, and standards, for social networks
- Social networks applications and services to mobile Internet, multimedia networks, mobile-commerce, cyber-physical systems, and their potential social, economic, and cultural impacts
- Interplay between social networks and physical communications, such as deriving social interactions from (mobile) communication networks, and social network characterization from wireless communication theory
- Social networks influence on (wireless) communications systems and networks and subsequent new design paradigm of future (wireless) communications
- Applications of large social network analysis and relational structure of social networks to design advanced wireless communication networks, and interaction with network science areas such as physics and biology
The IEEE ICC 2019 website provides full instructions on how to submit papers and the paper format.
You will select the desired symposium/track when submitting papers.
The paper submission deadline is October 14, 2018.
Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all submissions must be done through EDAS at http://edas.info/
- Xiaoyan Zhu, Xidian University, China
|14 October 2018
|27 January 2019
|24 February 2019
|15 July 2018
|11 November 2018
|Industry Program Proposals
|11 November 2018